Monday 24 October 2011

MacGregor Despite Them

Hi ladies, Bow here! I just love having so many posts to read when I come on here - I feel an obsession starting....


I always worry that I'll miss something in my reply, apologies if I do but there's just so much going on I don't know where to start! 


Loving all the photo inspiration recently, I'm feeling inspired just by looking over them.  Fringey, the prospect of a sewing machine is like a dream come true, I only hope you have some idea how to use it.  I've always wanted to be able to make my own clothes using vintage patterns.  Imagine being able to make this dress in any fabric you like! I feel some charity shop fabric shopping coming on!  I'm not sure how excited I am about the green juice cunningly disguised in a cider bottle though, although I'll try anything once so hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised! Why is it that so many things that are good for you (e.g. green cucumber juice) taste nowhere near as good as things that are bad for you (e.g. Peanut M&M's)? Looking forward to hearing about your detox, and maybe trying it for myself! 


Topknot all of your blog recommendations have been fabby!  I am loving the Olsens, I really admire their style, they often push the boundaries and I salute them for it!  Especially loving the tie-dye hair idea, will definitely be giving that a shot when mine washes out a bit.  Which reminds me, last night I went over my hair again with my budget hair dye and now have much more purple hair.  I LOVE it but better half is taking a while getting used to it.  The only word he has used to describe it so far is 'mental'.  :)


I've had a day off today and for the first time in ages better half had the day off too - no Monday blues for us!  We went a drive with the dog and I wanted to share some of my photos with you as I saw so many beautiful things along the way! Our drive started off driving along the West of Loch Lomond, stopping for coffee at Ardlui, and then headed towards Loch Katrine.  We visited Balquhidder - the wee tiny village where Rob Roy is buried.  It is a beautiful place and I loved walking around reading the gravestones.  The epitaph on the gravestone made me smile, it's so defiant and like a final UP YE (or up yours for our non-Scots readers :p) from the grave.

A cave in the middle of a field
MacGregor Despite Them


Rob Roy MacGregor is buried between his wife
and his two sons

The old kirk

The new kirk - so pretty!

Peat bog nature reserve


Mud and peat splattered legs and Uggs!

Another day off tomorrow, looking forward to seeing you girls in the flesh.  But for now it's 01:38 and so to bed, sweet dreams all! 

Bow x

No comments:

Post a Comment